- Category: Blog
- Created on Thursday, April 25 2013 |
- Written by Women In Business & Industry
Did you know women-owned businesses are one of the fastest-growing segments of new business in our economy? To help support their growth, the Small Business Administration (SBA) along with American Express OPEN and Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) announced the launch of ChallengeHER – a new national initiative aimed at boosting government contracting opportunities for women-owned small businesses and empowering the success of the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract program.
ChallengeHER will offer women business owners the following to help them successfully complete in the government contracting marketplace:
- Free events and workshops across the country – in 2013, there are nine events planned starting on May 23 with the Department of Energy;
- Online curriculum and resources that address various government contracting topics;
- Mentoring opportunities with experienced women contractors;
- Access to government buyers and prime contractors
You can read the full announcement and details about the new program by clicking here.